It's raining here this morning. It's a really nice, peaceful rain. We needed some moisture. It was overcast enough this morning that it kept our bedroom fairly darkened, at least moreso than usual. It made it easy to oversleep a tad this morning, at least until a little girl came in, bonking me on the head, stage whispering, "Mommy, I want some chocolate milk!"
I got the Storybook Cricut cartridge in the mail yesterday. Oh, it is going to be a good one. There are TONS of images on it! It really is amazing how many things can be fit on one of these cartridges. It has a bunch of really intricut designs. Very pretty. I played with it for awhile last night. There are lots of layering images, and about three to five different ways to cut out alphabet letters...while they are basically the same design, a lot of the change comes in the thickness of the letters. I love the decorative overlay for fancy letter that is included.
I would like to work on my personal family scrapbook today, the one with pictures from my childhood. I have some motivation as talk has begun lately on a family reunion at the end of the month. That's what I usually need, some motivation. At the reunion, they are going to have an auction to raise some funds, some of which is going to be used as postage to send items over to family members who are in the military stationed in Iraq (and I assume if there are any in Afghanistan). I am thinking maybe i could make one of my altered lunchboxes, and use some of the scanned copies of recipes from my grandma that are in her handwriting that are left over from the recipe books i made for christmas. This reunion is that grandma's side of the family. If I'm going to do that, I need to get started. I think the reunion is the end of the month.
16 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment