Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I forgot to upload this photo when I was on before with my blog update. I had made this card for a card swap on one my groups. Then I signed up for a 1-4-1 swap on another group, and I totally felt like I ran out of time to make a new card (I was still fine), so I went ahead and sent my copy of this card to the lady I was swapping with. It is a square card as opposed to a rectangle shaped card. The square cards seem...cumbersome, or something. I don't think I like them as much. And, what's with vellum envelopes? These cards had vellum, and the new CTMH cards I got in the mail yesterday (from their on-line clearance sale) have vellum envelopes. I like vellum, I think it looks classy, but I don't know how well they travel through the mail, or maybe you're not supposed to send through the mail? Don't know. Regardless, here is a scan of that card. I used George cartridge for the letters "HAPPY" as well as the flower cutout. I like how in George you can do the silhouette feature and make the outline of the character, such as I did with the blue on the yellow flower. It makes it 'pop'. The 'birthday' stamp is from some various $1.00 stamp set I got somewhere. I don't remember the brand of the paper; I just remember I got it from the clearance table at Once Upon a Page in Beatrice. Can't beat that!!!

No comments: