Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Dentist and Election Day

...well, not on the same day, however.

Allison had a dental appointment in Manhattan yesterday with Dr. Barth. She got a good check up, so that is great. I think putting the fluouride and that covering stuff is really going to help her teeth. I can't think of what they call that stuff...kinda covers and protects her baby teeth. She was very brave, as she likes to tell me. she's such a little trooper. They won't let parents go back in the exam room, of course, so she just goes right back with the hygienist just like a big girl.

We did a little school shopping afterwards then. Went to Target (my favorite store) and got her some Dora shoes (which she had to wear already today) and a new little outfit of a shirt and capris for the first day of school. We also bought her a backpack and all but two of her school supplies. She asked me what today was this mroning, and I said Tuesday, and she said, "Oh, I wished it was Thursday so I could go to my school" as I had told her yesterday that her first day of school was next Thursday. I'm not sure I'm really going to tell her this Thursday that it's actually Thursday!

She starts her dance class next Tuesday so that will be a lot of fun for her, too.

Today was election day or voting day....the primaries at least. We have a school bond issue here on the Marysville ballot...$25 million for school improvements. Don' tknow if that big of a bond will pass or not. It's a lot of money. There are so many things we need money for in the community, too, such as a swimming pool. If this bond passes, i'm not sure we'll be able to get a new swimming pool to pass in the near future or not.

No comments: