Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Oh the weather outside was frightful......

What a sight to wake up to yesterday morning....lovely snow. It was lovely as I was in the house, looking out. The snow continued until probably mid- to late-morning, and started flurrying early afternoon for a bit again. We probably got 4 inches or so, maybe.

It was not a lot of fun taxi-ing three four-year olds to school and dance yesterday in their heavy coats, gloves, hats, and snow-covered boots, in and out of the vehicle, in and out of the carseats, even getting a "I don't want to" when I asked one of the boys to get in the car seat! I'm sorry, but you don't have a choice. I love Christmas; I enjoy Christmas; and it's always hard to see it end after all of the build-up anticipation and lovliness. However, now that I am a mother of a preschooler with friends, and seeing the giddiness, acting up, borderline misbehavior, from the anticipation of everything Christmas-related, I can see why some people are glad to get it all over with and get settled back into the everyday routine norm.

This morning we are going to trek out into the snow and COLD for playgroup, then at 12:30 we are supposed to go to the high school auditorium for the preschoolers to have a little practice with being on the stage for their Christmas program, which is tonight at 6:30. I will try to post pictures.

No comments: