I got to get a taste of subbing again. It seemed like a really long time since I had been called to sub, but one came again mid-morning yesterday. The kindergarten teacher's son was sick, so she was taking him home. When I got there, he was miraculously feeling better, but the 1st grade teacher suggested he go ahead and go home anyway because there is a lot of sickness going around in her room...4 total gone yesterday (out of 16!).
I hadn't been in kindergarten yet this year. I think this actually means I have been in all of the classrooms now so far this year! :) There are only boys in the kindergarten class this year. That presents a whole other level of energy with which I am not necessarily used to. They are good kids, but there is a lot of crash 'em up car play, etc. The part that can drive a soul crazy is the "our teacher doesn't do it that way," or "no, that's not what it's called...it's_______". No matter what I say as far as, you know, things might be a little different, we will try to do the best we can, go with the flow, etc., it's virtually impossible with certain kids of this age level.
When I was getting ready to go, I told A that I was going to her school, she went to get her shoes and started to put them on. Now, mind you, she goes with me pretty much everywhere anyway, but it was kinda hard to tell her that she couldn't come with me. Her dad was home and she stayed with him.
16 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment