Search This Blog

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Four Christmases

I decided to go to another movie tonight. I have once again seen all of the movies here in town at the movie theater. :) I haven't been able to say that as often as I've been able to lately. I went to see the movie Four Christmases with Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn. It was pretty good. It was actually better than I had anticipated it being. The movie theater was very quiet. Not too many people out on a cool damp Sunday evening.

I forgot to share this last night. This is pretty funny. A has always taken baths. She has been very resistant to taking a shower. We have a removable shower head and have tried to use it in the past for a variety of things: bathing/showering, rinsing soap out of hair, spraying dirt off of a dirty from play body, etc. She HATES it! Cries, screams, etc. Well, I prompted her early in the evening last night that I thought maybe she was ready to try taking a shower finally. We would do it in the small bathroom, where there is only a shower stall with a frosted plexiglass door and a soft flow shower head. She didn't say much, if anything, at first. I told her what she would need to do, how to handle it, how to stand, etc. She, on her own, brought up a little while longer that it was time to get ready to take a shower. So, in we went. She did really well. She was so excited. "Oh, mommy, I LOVE showers! Can I take one EVERY night!" In fact, she cried when I said it was time to get out!

At one point, I was prompting her on washing different body parts, etc., and pretty soon she is down on the floor of the shower. I open the door a little bit, and ask her why she is on the floor. Her little bottom is sticking up in the air, she says, "Mommy, I'm washing my bottom!" Oh my!

No comments: