So, if you fly out of Kansas City at 6:40 p.m. and don't arrive at your destination until about 10:40 p.m., is that technically considered Day 1 of your family vacation? I guess we will count it as such.
We flew out, and glad that we had a good flight, not too bumpy etc., because it actually looked like there were storm clouds building to the East, and they said that there were, but we must have gotten out in good time ahead of them and up high enough to be over top of them. The flight was very good, and thankfully uneventful.
Florida is an hour ahead of us timewise, so, for example, it is 12:20 p.m. Florida time, while it is 11:20 home time. That always takes a little getting used to. So, like, I really need to go to bed to be ready to start our adventures tomorrow, but instead...here I sit. :)
We got a hotel tonight close to the airport. We "Pricelined" it....nice hotel for only like $46....and that bid was accepted on the first try. LIke Bruce said, it kinda takes the fun out of it because you think 'maybe I could have gotten it for less!" :)
We'll probably sleep in a bit; breakfast ends here at the hotel at 10:00 and checkout is at 11:00; Check in to our new "Secret" destination is 4:00 but the reservation clerk said the earliest we could probably get in would be 1:00, so we shall see what happens. We will probably try to explore a little bit. We'll see how that goes in a major metropolitan/touristy area, huh? :)
I can hardly wait to update the blog the next time with pictures and the such. It is going to be SOOOOO COOOOOOL!!!! If Allison is not as excited as I think she is going to be...well, then I don't know what I will do!!!!!!
16 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment