Search This Blog

Friday, May 28, 2010

Family Vacation - Day 4



Today was a MUCH better day!!!  We were able to sleep in until about 8:30 or so, drove to have a little breakfast at a Waffle House (yum), and then caught the 10:45 shuttle over to SeaWorld.  It was HOT again today, yes it was...hot and humid.   WI really wanted to see the Shamu show the most of all of it, so we headed that way first.  The shows at SeaWorld are fantastic!  We went to the sea otter and sea lion show. It was fantastic. It was a pirate theme, and it was really funny.  Both Allison and Bruce enjoyed it as much as I did!  We also went to the dolphin and whale show...in addition to the dolphins performing, they also had quite the talented acrobatic show and beautiful bird show.   Those were the three shows we saw. There were also many exhibits, including Arctic area with polar bears, beluga whales, and seals, and, let's see, penguins, sharks, rays, turtles, walruses, and much more. It started to cloud up a little bit, and there was a pretty decent faint breeze as we went along.  We left when our shuttle picked us up at 4:55 and got back to the resort at 5:30ish or so (dropped other passengers at another hotel on the way). 

We were going to cool off after we returned back to the room by going swimming, so Allison and I got our suits on, and we were just ready to go out the room door.  Remember the clouding over I just mentioned? Well, it started to POUR...not just rain, but POUR....    I think I'm a jinx after last night, too.  So, here I sit in my swimming suit trying to decide what to do.  I am pretty sure that they will wait for at least like a half an hour before they open up the pool again....and we need to do dinner as we haven't eaten since the Waffle House this morning, but we haven't gotten to swim much since the first day....hmmmmm...  We'll see what happens....  It's 6:15ish here right now....

We check out tomorrow and it's Bruce's turn to be tour guide...we'll see what he has in mind for the second half of the trip :)

I'm looking forward to the monring before we leave however....We have the Character Breakfast at 9:50 a.m.....with SpongeBob and Dora, and whoever else might be there, too.  Can't wait! :)

No comments: