Search This Blog

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Family Vacation = Day 5

Well, the day arrived to leave the Nick Family Resort. I was actually sad because I really liked it there. I like having a "base" when traveling on vacation believe it or not. I don't care for living out of a suitcase, unpacking, packing, having a mess basically, cleaning it up, etc.  I like "being" someplace.  But, we needed to move on.

We slept in a bit in the morning.  But then at 9:50 it was time for Allison to have another surprise. We headed down to the Mall area of the resort.  We had breakfast reservations for a Character Breakfast.  While we were waiting there for a table to be cleaned off, Diego came walking through the hallway.

He was too fast for me to take another picture, but as he and his "people" were moving through the hall to go to another location, he stopped and kissed Allison on the head. It was so sweet.  She was so 'touched' and she even blushed a deep pink for a bit.

We were soon seated for breakfast, and the show began.  Sponge Bob SquarePants was there, as were Dora and Little Bill and someone named Aang, although we didn't know who he was.   It doesn't really look like Allison is having that good of a time, but I think she was actually very overwhelmed that early in the morning with all that was happening, all the sounds, music, loud noise, characters, people, kids, etc.  She said she did have a good time, and I think she did.

We had to be checked out of our room promptly at 11:00, no late check out at this place, primarily I think because they do book up pretty good and it is a holiday weekend, etc.  However, we were allowed to stay and use the facilities until 1:00.  Well, since we got rained out the last two evenings for swimming, we decided to let Allison do a little more swimming if she wanted to. Of course, she did.  She played in the "water park" area...where water shot out of different play things, and a small self-contained slide.  She had a good time.  We had no more than left the pool at around 12:30 or so, and the pools were shutdown due to bad weather again...thunder and then began to rain again. At least we did luck out there this time. When we left the hotel, we headed north of Orlando, up to St. Augustine. It is the oldest city in the United States.  We plan on taking a tour of the town tomorrow to see what it is all about. Tonight we just drove along the coastline, and did find a place where we could park and walk down to the beach for awhile.  We all had a wonderful time just messing around, putting our toes in the sand, and walking in the Atlantic Ocean. I think this was the first visit for all of us. It was Allison's first visit to an ocean.  I was surprised by this long stretch of broken and whole shells way up far from the waterline. It was shell collectors paradise. Allison picked up several shells and is having a good time with them.  She and I walked into the water and got wet...I told her she could get as wet as she wanted to, that we could change clothes in the car.  TONS of fun. The water was warm, the wind was blowing and there were some pretty good waves that came in. I can now see very well why people want beachfront property. Very calming!

No comments: