Search This Blog

Monday, July 28, 2008

Vacation Bible School began tonight

Tonight was the first night of our church's Vacation Bible School. I was sorta I guess in charge of getting everything organized. It was a tad overwhelming to me the past couple of weeks. I've never been "in charge" of something like this before. I had been learnning the last day or so that more and more preschoolers/kindergarteners were coming; I only had about 5 pre-registered. I only had 13 lessons ordered. I called around today to the Christian bookstores in Beatrice, Lincoln, and Manhattan. None of them had any of these lessons left in stock, had been sent back, etc. I even checked with Sheryl Kruse who had been in charge of preschoolers VBS at Trinity-Hanover to see if they had any leftover; she didn't think so; they had 24 preschoolers at their VBS! WOW!!!

Anyway...guess what? We had 13 preschoolers/kindergarteners tonight! How about that?!? I shouldn't have doubted....:) We had 32 kids come tonight. I am very pleased with these numbers, especially considering that we had only about like 12 kids pre-registered.

So, realizing that it is only Monday, I feel really good about how things went tonight. The set up is really good, putting smaller groups in the bigger group, etc. It doesn't seem like they have a lot of time to get everything done in 2 hours, but it definitely keeps the kids hoping and can't get in trouble. :)

On a sad note, I took my camera along to take pictures, but it was having diffiuclty recording to the CD, so I hope that it isn't going out. It has had a long good life when i think about it. We bought it to go to Germany in September 2003, so it's going on 5 years, which is probably pretty good for an electronic item this day and age. I may get to start thinking about and looking at cameras. While exciting, that is also somewhat overwhelming. :)

No comments: