Search This Blog

Friday, July 18, 2008

My New Crafting Blog


Okay, I'm gonna do it, I'm really gonna do it!! Yeah right! I've been telling myself that I wanted to blog, and I do pretty good for awhile, but then I just blow it, and don't post for like...forever!


It's like a new year's resolution in July, I suppose. I am doing more and more papercrafting, more so than actual scrapbooking. I absolutely love the creative outlet, and I want to "spread my wings" so to speak, and learn more and do more, and hopefully take my hobby to the next level, whatever that might actually be.
Here is a picture of a card I made for a card swap on the Card-Making-Friends Yahoo Group. It is the first swap I've participated in on that group, so I was a little nervous. I really wanted to do a good job. I have never tried to make an acetate card before; this was a first for me, so I was hoping it would turn out okay. The person to whom it was sent posted today and said she really liked it. I am SOOOOO glad. I was very nervous. The first time is always the hardest...:)
I have tons of project ideas I want to make in the very near future:
1. Embellished lunchbox with handmade cards (donation to the school fundraiser auction).
2. School memories lunchbook (donation to the school fundraiser auction).
3. Some type of project for the family reunion in September, Labor Day weekend, I think. They are going to have an auction to raise money to send care packages to family members who are saving overseas in the armed services.
4. Begin Allison's preschool scrapbook (Allison starts her first day of preschool August 14. I am sooooo excited for her.)
5. A variety of handmade cards for this organization I just heard of recently; cardsforheroes or some such thing, where people make handmade cards that can be mailed overseas to give to men and women serving in the armed services for them to send back to family and friends. It sounds like a great, worthwhile project.
6. Back to School gift backs with school supplies and goodies for the 7 kids that I am tutoring this summer.


No comments: