Search This Blog

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Life Jacket Allison & a few more handmade cards

My daughter...the little ham. In a previous post I wrote about going to the city swimming pool the other night and one of the dads taking her down the slide. So, we were in WalMart yesterday and I thought we would look at the life jackets, just to see how much they were. If there was an end-of-season sale or something, I would get her one so she could go down the slide again yet this year maybe. Well, they were all regular price that I saw, and I decided against it, figuring I would wait either until next summer (since we are near the end of this one) or see if a sale comes up. We walk to the end of the aisle, and there is a huge endcap sale display with bright purple life jackets, with Hannah Montana's picture and name on it, for $5! Regularly something outrageous like $29! We bought one, needless to say. Allison walks around with the life jacket on, saying 'is the pool open yet?' "is the pool open yet?" "can we go to the pool now?' (sigh)





I finished a few more cards last night.

Welcome Baby cards, one in pink and one in blue. I used some of stamps I got from the $1 clear stamp sets I got at Joann's in Manhattan the other night. The paper is from a DCWV Paper Pad.

I haven't decided if I like this one or not. I like it in theory. It just didn't quite turn out in real the way I wanted it to turn out in my head. I stamped a foo-foo frame on the transparency using white staz-on ink, sprayed the front of the card with Tattered Angel sparkle mist stuff (yellow and purple), stampled the transparency to the front; stamped Happy Birthday in black CTMH ink on front of card, aligning with foo-foo frame on transparency; added ribbon at top to hide the staples. Like I said, It's okay, but it's not my greatest creation yet. Something to keep working on.

No comments: