Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy October 1!

Okay, now that October is here, it can "officially" be autumn. Oh, yes, I know, autumn started, what, September 21, or some such date? but for me, until it reaches the month of October, that's when it can start being autumn. I love autumn...the crisp starting to be more consistent in the air, wearing sweatshirts, leaves changing to the beautiful colors and falling and blowing in the wind. I can enjoy that part of it because we don't have any trees in our yard proper, they are all in the back of the house on the tree line so it's not like we have a lot to rake or anything.

I received some really "fun" news this past weekend. A scrapping/swapping buddy on one of my Yahoo groups is on a design team for an internet website. She sent me an email a week or so back that the owner put out a call for applications for a new design team member. So, I contacted the owner, sent in pictures of examples, and waited....about a week later she e-mailed me offering me a position on her design team. I am very excited to take this step -- to be able to see what other folks around the country are creating, hopefully discuss different products and techniques, try different products, write reviews, etc. It's all very new to me, but I'm terribly excited about the possibilities. I will share more as it comes to pass.


One of the ongoing things on the design team group are monthly challenges. The October monthly challenge is "anything goes", so I've been working on a coaster design using halloween colors and patterned paper and using the Paper Dolls Dress Up cartridge for my Cricut to design it. It also uses the Mickey Font cartridge for the letters. I am planning on entering this design in the October challenge.


1 comment:

AuBien said...

This project is amazing, Lesa! Beautiful work! Congrats on getting your spot on the DT!
Shae