Search This Blog

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Late? or is it very early?

I need to go to bed. I am going to regret this very soon. However, there just don't seem to be enough hours in the day for me to get done everything I need to get done this week. Allison and I got home from our morning activities around 1:30, so she needed to lay down for a rest/nap; we read our obligatory 3 books, and what could I say to those big beautiful eyes when she looked at me and asked me if i could sleep with her? I said no at first, but ah the pressure. It was 2:00 already and we needed to leave again around 3:00 to take her over to her grandma's house, and then I go on to the homework center from there. it was nice to take a little nap, even if i shouldn't have.

I am taking "treats" to school tomorrow for Allison's birthday. Her birthday is sunday, but she has school tomorrow. Then she is off until next thursday, due to teachers' conferences, etc. I decided to try something new, something i hadn't made before, but which I had fond memories from childhood. Baking cupcake batter in ice cream cone cups. Great idea, but boy it sure didn't turn out very good. I ended up making another batch of cake batter and making more cupcakes because I just couldn't send the ice cream cups to school in good conscious.

Tomorrow allison's class gets to go to the pumpkin patch, so hopefully I will have some fun photos of that to post.

Otherwise, just keeping busy with things; not a lot of scrapping going on right now. I worked on about 100 invitations to the MCCREC Rags to Riches event. I need to make about 30 to 40 more in the next day or so! (in my spare time).

After this weekend, next week should slow down pretty well and i'm looking forward to that.

No comments: