Search This Blog

Friday, October 17, 2008

Allison's Birthday Party, etc.

What a wild and wacky week! Oh, actually it has calmed down considerably from last week, but I feel like I'm continually playing catch up with things. I remember the days when I actually felt on top of things. I long for those days once again. I think part of my "problem" is that I have so many "little things" going on .... cleaning up from Allison's birthday parties, my follow up doctors' appointments and health stuff, tutoring (up to 5 kids now, starting Monday), Homework Center 3x/week, subbing periodically, Sunday School teaching, all of the volunteer activities and board members and committees, etc. Overall, I enjoy it all, but there just seems to be a lot of stopping and starting and multitasking, etc. Overall I do pretty good, but sometimes it seems something gets shortchanged, and them I am just exhausted! :)

I am still working on the invitations for the fundraiser Rags to Riches. My goal was to have them out LAST Wednesday. Well, about 90 went out, and there's probably another 90 still needing to go out....hopefully TODAY! I am printing more off right now on the computer as I type...another example of multitasking! :)
Allison is having her friend Carolyn over right now for a playdate, so that is keeping her pretty occupied.... she's a little bossy...can you tell she's an only child?!? Luckily, Carolyn has two brothers, so she is used to it.

I am including a few pictures of Allison's birthday party with her friends last Saturday. We had it at the Dog House, which is an arcade/black light miniature golf place here in town. It really worked well. We had 8 guests plus allison so there were 9 kids. It was a handful, but we did good, it was fun. I think everyone had a good time.


No comments: