Search This Blog

Monday, April 6, 2009

Playdate at our House with a Friend

What a fun day! We had our friend, Micah, over for a playdate today. He came over in the morning, and was able to spend the day with us. In the morning, the kids primarily played today with toys and pretend play and all. I really enjoy listening to little kids play with each other, and the conversations that they have with each other. They are so special. I wish I would have written down some of the precious conversations they had with each other at the time, because unfortunately I don't remember them right now as I type.

After lunch, they were still getting along fine, but I knew they were going to start getting a little restless soon. It was too cold to really go outside and spend much time out playing (the wind was still really cold and gusty). So, we stirred up some cupcakes. They helped pour the ingredients in and mix them up; they did help spoon a little bit of the batter into the tins, although that was something I finished for them. It was tough to get it into the cups without having a lot of loss in the batter department. They also helped mix up the frosting, choose a color, and frost their cupcakes. I let them have at it. I gave them the supplies and let them make their own choices and put as much on as they wanted to (at first). I had to ixnay the frosting eating after a little bit, otherwise who knows how i would have gotten them scraped off the ceiling from a sugar high.
What a great feeling it is when it's been a good day! :)

1 comment:

Badalicat said...

What cute pictures!!