This was probably funnier at home when it was happening than it will be recreating the conversation in print here...
Allison has this tendency to screech or scream when things don't go her way, and I'm trying to break this by getting her to use her words better to express herself, to express her frustration...say what the problem is, etc.
This morning, I had helped her get dressed in order to go to playgroup, put her socks on, and put her shoes by her and asked her to put them on while I went and put my clothes on. While she was in the living room and I'm across the house in the bathroom, this is the conversation:
Allison: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (loud whine)...I can't do it!!! AAAAAAA
Me: What? (I yell back innocently)
Allison: What!
Me: What?
Allison: What!
Me: What....
Allison: What...
Me: What?
Allison: What?
Me: What what?
Allison: (calmly) Oh, I got it.....(matter of factly)
That kid!
16 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment