Search This Blog

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hail, Hail....oh, hail.........

This is what the back deck looked like a little after 11:00 last night. It kinda snuck up on me. I knew there was a 'slight' risk for storms, but didn't think about hail. We hadn't had hail like this for a long time. I had put Allison to bed a little after 10:00 (she had just gotten home from going to Hanover to do the parade with dad, and then they went to the carnival grounds for awhile...I was at the station end of it), and she was exhausted. I went down to the basement to surf the internet. The deck doors and windows around the house were open, and pretty soon it sounded NASTY. I went upstairs and started closing windows....it was really windy and hailing. The big glass window in the tall entry way of the house really pinged and pounded...I was praying that we didn't have broken windows. I went upstairs to close the windows in Allison's bedroom that I had pretty much just opened for her, hoping that she was too afraid, and lo and behold she was sleeping soundly, not hearing a thing.

Reports this morning from some of my friends on Facebook tell me that there are broken windows around town, paint peeling from houses, limbs and leaves down around the town; I haven't been outside yet, and now I'm afraid to go.....

No comments: