Finally, also, vacation pictures.....
One of our first stops, and I can't remember what it was called. We had left Denver and was headed west on Wednesday morning, and Bruce took an off road which lead to some large home and nature center. Allison and I were going to see the nature center, but it wasn't open yet. I like this photo of us, though. We get very few together.

We tried to make periodic stops for Allison to stretch her legs from being in the truck too long, and looked for parks to play in. I think this one was by Dillon, Colorado, right by the Silverthorne, CO, outlet malls (which was the next stop for me. :). There were really really cool, new age type play equipment in this park. This is just one of the cool play things. It is a cup on a type of ball bearing that goes around with your weight. Little difficult to get out, but looked fun.

The little mountain climber.

Along this road we were driving, we came across a "ghost town" which was on Bruce's short list of things he wouldn't mind seeing while in Colorado.

He and Allison hiked down the hill to see the remants of this ghost town, which was south of Aspen on the Independence Pass. I stayed by the truck because were in pretty high altitude, and I was taking it easy so as not to have an elevation attack.


The higher we got, the more snow we saw.

Driving to this point was interesting. It is the Independence Pass, and there were times you felt that you were 'clinging' to the side of the mountain, straight down, no guard rails. I was proud of how brave I was :) . It is terribly beautiful. This particular stretch of high way closes from November through May each year because of the snow and hazardous driving conditions, I am sure, and had only opened 2 days prior to our driving it.


We are at the top of the world!....or at least this mountain! :)

We reached the Royal Gorge area/Canon City. This is a Wild West town outside of the Royal Gorge area. it was actually pretty fun...up until it started pouring rain.

"Panning" for gold.....

The train we rode to see the Royal Gorge. It was cute.............

Royal Gorge........

The final day of our vacation before starting back home...just outside of Manitou Springs, at North Pole/Santa's Workshop. What a great place for families and young children. Allison had the BEST time ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


THankfully it was dry for the majority of the day, just started sprinkling/raining the last hour or so.
No comments:
Post a Comment