Search This Blog

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Kindergarten Pumpkin Farm Visit

Friday was an interesting day...the field trip to the pumpkin farm had been scheduled for several weeks.  The kindergarten class was supposed to go with the first through fourth grades, and we would all drive to the farm near Wetmore, just south of Sabetha.  It is a little bit of a trek over there, but not terribly bad.  Thursday was the day that the preschool classes went over.  The same teacher who teaches preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays, also teaches kindergarten on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.  Well, as a little background information, there is a lot of sickness going around the area...vomitting, diahrrea, fever...total yucks!   A phone call came from the school principal Thursday night that the teacher had gotten sick with the total ickies!   I was planning on going to the field trip anyway (as well as the school's 5th&6th grade teacher who has a son in kindergarten, so there was already the other sub in that class), but now I was going to be going as the sub!

Okay, I can do this!  Well, guess what? I got 'sick' midmorning AT the pumpkin farm!!!  It was awful!   I was trying so so so hard not to vomit...I just kept trying to keep the wretching under control (sorry about the visual perspective this causes), but I just couldn't. Thankfully the kids had gone with the 1st grade teacher and other parents into the corn maze and I stayed behind. I called one of them on their cell phone and relayed the situation. I went to the truck, and lay down with towels and a bottle of water.  I was sweating terribly.  After resting for a bit, I did feel a lot better, and I went ahead and drove home just fine...I was clear headed (well as much as I am in my normal daily life)...I had kids in the vehicle; I wouldn't have taken a chance if I didn't feel well enough, but I thought it was a little bit of 'whatever' that came over me.  When I got back to school, I started sweating again. I didn't get sick again, but did just go home and sleep for awhile.  I was better last night, and today I feel pretty good, like nothing really happened.  I think I am actually more embarrassed than anything.  I shouldn't be I suppose, I mean it happens to everyone, and we can't choose when we do these things (or else I would choose NOT to), but it's still not something that I'm proud of....

Thankfully, the kids DID have a lot of fun! I wish I had more pictures though.  I hope that someone will send me some....








No comments: