Search This Blog

Monday, April 19, 2010

Creating Keepsakes Convention-St. Louis - Post #11

Well, of course there had to be some shopping while at the Creating Keepsakes Convention.  There is a Vendor's Faire, usually in the big main area of the venues which I have been to for conventions.  They are open to the public, anyone taking classes or not taking classes.  There has been an entrance fee, something like $6 a person or some such thing. (I've always thought it is ridiculous to pay to get into some place where they are selling stuff, and you have to pay to 'buy' things,you know?)   If you enroll in a certain amount of classes (I think 3), then you get free entrance to the vendor faire and you get an 'early bird' entrance on Friday morning.   The doors normally open at 10:00 a.m., but early bird entry is 9:00.  It was amazing this year how long the line was to get in at 9:00.  It was LONG.

The first year I went, I was disillusioned, thinking that perhaps items would be hold at like discount or sale prices or something.  No...no they are not.  It's really just stores setting up booths, some product companies, like SEI, Rusty Pickle,Technique Tuesday, etc.   So, it's fun because there are lots of product that someone like me doesn't necessarily see in the stores that I have available to me to shop.  There are sometimes some clearance sales, or special show prices.  Plus, some of the class sponsors will offer discount tickets/flyers if you take one of their classes.

So, yes, I had to do some shopping......

No comments: