Search This Blog

Monday, March 1, 2010

Out with a bang...well, okay a tiny bing

For feeling that sometimes life is so crazy, and always on the go-go-go, sometimes it also feels like we do 'nothing'....it's probably just nothing new or out of the ordinary...just all day-to-day and 'mundane.' After feeling pretty blechy on Friday, about 4:00 the electricity went off. My normally go-with-the-flow five-year old for whatever reason was mildly freaking out. "Let me hold your hand, mommy, until it comes back on." What the heck? It's light out, we've been without electricity before, but this this time I called WestStar on the speakerphone on my cell phone, and it is an automated voice system. The computer voice actually scared her. Never would have thought of that. "I don't like that voice, mom."

It was off until right at 5:00, so not toooo bad, however Bruce was trying to get on the road to go do the ballgames, and really couldn't leave town until the power came back on so that he could reset all the computers and stuff at the radio station. He was getting pretty nervous obviously, which equates to agitated.

When it finally did come back on, come to find out it wasn't just out here in town, but all over pretty much the entire county! Haven't found out what caused it yet. A friend on Facebook IM'd me to see if I knew the issue, and expressed her fear that terrorists would hack into the electrical grid. I'm not making fun of her, because in this world of unknowns, I suppose anything is possible...however, I don't see a rural Kansas county of 6,000 people being a real target of the terrorist actions, but who knows?

After tutoring all morning Saturday (all the kids came, woo hoo!!), had to run to buy the gluteonous cats some more expensive Science Diet cat food, and then off to Walmart (Satan's store) to get a birthday present for Allison's friend Aleah. Yes, the party was at 2:00, and I was checking out at 12:35...I still had almost an hour and a half yet!!! I found a pink set of Legos...how cool is that?!?!?




So this was our little 'bing' for the weekend...something fun to do! It was a fun party...nice little girls, etc.

On the way home, Allison goes, "Mom, can tonight be movie night?" "Oh, I suppose. Why do you ask?" "Cuz daddy has to go to a ballgame." "Okay, well what should we eat for dinner?" "Well, pizza of course, mom!" We do...usually, and right now Pizza Hut has any size, any style pizza on sale for $10!!! How can you beat that one? www.pizzahut.com

One last note, while we were at the birthday party on Saturday, Aleah's mom, Angie, gave me back the Cat chipboard album I made for her sister-in-law's scrapbook store 'contest' last year. Here is the link to the post I made at that time (Cat Chipboard Album). It was fun to see it again. She also gave me a big pack of new supplies for another contest...it is due to the store by March 15, so I don't have a lot of time! EEK! I started on it last night. It's another chipboard album, and I got one of the 'pages' almost finished, but not quite. I'll post when I get it finished. Wish me luck!!!!

No comments: