Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

Beautiful Monday

What a great day. Spring has most definitely sprung. I had an eye doctor appointment this morning at 9:00, and I knew that I needed to get new glasses because I had a broken temple on this pair, and it had been a number of years anyway. I also knew that now that I'm getting older (grudgingly), it was getting a bit more difficult to see easily even close up, which used to be the best that I could see (I've always not been able to see well far way). So, yes, I now have to get bifocals ... yea (read sarcasm). But, like I said, I was kind of expecting it. I hopefully will get the new glasses next week sometime.

It was such a beautiful day when we left the eye doctor's office (1 hour and 45 minutes later!), that Allison and I went to get a slushie at Short Stop, and then headed to Dargett's Park. We tried to call Audrey and Carolyn, but no answer; then tried Carrie and Clayton, but they were busy; so we were destined, we thought, to play by ourselves. Luckily Audrey has caller ID and called us back. As I told Allison that Carolyn was coming to play, she hollars "YAHOO"!!!! :)

We stayed at the park for close to two hours. It was such a great day of great weather. I took oodles of pictures of baby Michael, and I will try to post them tomorrow. He is growing soooooo fast.

I mixed up sugar cookie dough tonight when Allison was at tumbling. I accidentally got a 1/2 Tbsp. instead of a 1/2 tsp. out so I put waaay tooo much cream of tarter AND baking soda in the double batch I was making.....so I then made a QUADRUPLE batch! It is cooling in the frig...I will be cutting out sugar cookies for DAYS! The PTL of Allison's school as a bake sale on Saturday (day before Easter), and the decorated sugar cookies went well last year.

No comments: