Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mean People

I'm a little tense tonight. I'm better than I was earlier. I do not want to go into specific details, so I will be pretty vague here because I do not feel that the details of the situation need to be as public as they would be if I wrote them down on here. However, suffice it to say....there are people in the world who are just mean-spirited! That's a surprise statement, isn't it? We all have probably had some type of run in with people who just ... aren't nice. I just don't understand it. I mean...there are times that I'm in a bad mood, more than I care to admit sometimes; and there are times when I'm really disappointed or upset by something that has happened or an inconvenience that I have encountered or perhaps something didn't turn out as I had expected or the way it was supposed to be. There are cases when perhaps a certain level of "upsetness" is understandable, but those cases usually have to do with some type of personal loss of substantial means, i.e., money, goods, services, etc. However, to be upset about something day-to-day 'normal' and then be mean and demeaning ANNONYMOUSLY is just wrong. To not have the guts to even identify yourself when you are being mean-spirited!!!!! Someone put it very well earlier today....these are little people who have very little in their lives...so it is their way of making others feel even smaller, or their attempt to, in order to build themselves up. Sad, very sad.

So, if anyone is reading this...I would just urge you...the next time that you get really angry or irritated about a situation....stop and take a deep breath first before doing anything else. Ask yourself a few questions before saying or doing anything.....Is my frustration really, really important in the big picture of life? Is the other person truly at blame? if they are at blame, was it on purpose or an accident? willful or not? will anything really be solved by retaliation? Can constructive criticism be offered in a productive manner?

Okay...stepping off of soapbox................

No comments: