Search This Blog

Monday, July 27, 2009

Whew! VBS Preparation

Vacation Bible School starts tonight, so hopefully I will have some pics to share tonight later on. It's been several months of preparation coming. I feel good about how things are looking. I just saw pictures of the Berean Church's VBS decorations, however, and now I am totally jealous! LOL Ours looks 'ok'...we did the best we could, but theirs is WONDERFUL! They have really crafty folks in their church! For the two years I 've been involved with vBS and preparation, we can't seem to get anyone to sign up and volunteer to do decorations. I guess it sounds like a daunting job. I'm too busy with the other stuff to get too involved with decorations. Frankly it overwhelms me, too.

Our theme this year is "Gadget's Garage" with tinkering in the garage, creating things, building a robot, named Gizmo, etc. I think (I hope) it is a fun theme for the kids. I think it will be. It's always a little stressful the first night, hoping that things go well, etc.

No comments: