Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Garage Sale Weekend

We had a garage sale this past weekend. I have TONS of little girls clothes from Allison. I haven't gotten rid of virtually anything since Allison was born, so it is time. It has been hard for me to get to this point...not necessarily so much with her older clothes as with her baby clothes. It's so sentimental to see all of these little bitty baby clothes, and the memories keep flooding in. I've set aside a few of the favorites, and bit the bullet for a garage sale. I have two huge plywood tables and two hanging clotheslines.

We did pretty well, but I still have lots and lots of clothes left and we are going to do a few hours again this weekend since it's Mother's Day Weekend, flea market in town at the City Park, etc.

Daddy gave Allison a great idea....to have a lemonade stand. So here it is. Lemonade and Brownies....she made like $7.00! It was so sweet! ...and her sign that she made....it was like the third one she designed...the others kept falling and tearing...the price numbers are really hard to read in this one, but the letters are pretty good. She copied the words from another sign all by herself though...I was busy with the sale, so I had her sit and copy herself. She did great work. This was also a big weekend in that we FINALLY had a play structure delivered to our home for Allison to play on at home. We bought it second hand from a family in our church, whoses boys' had outgrown it. It's in really pretty good shape, and the wood color blends well with the cedar siding on our house. Allison has been enjoying it, thank goodness! :)



No comments: