Search This Blog

Monday, February 23, 2009

Saturday at the Circus

On Saturday, Bruce, Allison and I went to Topeka to the Arab Shrine Circus. I cannot tell you how long it has been since we really did something fun, had a fun outing, as a family. It was a wonderful day. Everyone was relaxed, and Allison was very well behaved. She really enjoyed the day with all of us together. I hadn't been to a circus probably since I was a kid, so it was a real treat for me, too. It was long, like 2 1/2 to 3 hours, so I was a little concerned how well Allison would handle that long, but she did great. She laughed and really watched. It was a three-ring circus.When there was an intermission, the circus folks brought out the elephants for rides ($8/ticket), face painting, snake, moon walk, photos, etc. I had to take this photo to show the "mad house" on the floor during this time. This isn't a great photo, because it's too dark, but I tried to get a photo of the elephants walking back to their holding area. They are walking trunk-to-tail. It's just cool to see.



Allison indicated that the dog tricks/dog dress up (didn't get a good picture) and the trapeze/tightrope walkers were her favorites.


My favorites were the tigers and the lion. They had 7 or 8 tigers and 1 African lion. They were beautiful. I guess you could say I like cats of any size!







No comments: