Search This Blog

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

The "Big" holiday of February....Valentine's Day! Allison had her party at school on Thursday. I don't think she really understood what it was all about, except that she "loves parties, mommy!" That's okay. I asked her if she played any games at her party; "yes", "what did you play?", "I don't remember,"..... She had her cute little valentine cards from her classmates, each one with some type of candy, so that's what's fun for her.

I subbed in the third/fourth grade room on Thursday, so I got a nice share of valentine cards from the kids there, too, so that was very nice. These are also the kids that I have in Sunday School at church. There was no school on Friday.

Haven't done much else today. I was going to go to the monthly scrapbooking crop that is trying to get going consistently, but not enough people expressed interest, so the coordinator cancelled it. I have worked on a couple of my recipe swaps today, and that's all I have gotten done in the scrapbooking area. I took a nice long nap this afternoon! : ) Can't get much else done when one takes a nap, huh?!?!? Oh, well, it felt good. I did "tutor" for 2 hours this morning between 8:00 and 10:00. I put the word in quotations because the one boy really didn't do too much for me, and it's like pulling teeth to get him to do anything for me.

Bruce has a make-up basketball game tonight at the radio station. I hear him leaving right now. So, that's my valentine's day in a nutshell! (yawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

No comments: