On Saturday, January 17, I took Allison and Grandma Joyce to Topeka to see the performance of Playhouse Disney Live at the Kansas Expocenter. I had only heard that it was going to be in Topeka like the week before, and made a decision to go last Wednesday when I ordered tickets off of Ticketmaster. Because of the late date in ordering the tickets, I indicated I would pick them up the day of the performance at "Will Call." So, we got to the Expocenter at 1:00 for a 1:30 performance, only to find TONS of vehicles trying to get into the parking lot. We were actually sitting on Topeka Blvd. trying to get into the parking lot. There were signs up saying that Playhouse Disney Live was sold out, and we also found out that there was a Bridal Fair there too. So, we find a parking spot quite a ways away of course, but that's okay, so we walk in, and there are TONS of people in line for the "Will Call" windows...of which there are only 3. We waited for at least 25 minutes just to pick up the tickets. I got the tickets at 1:35, and there were still people way back to the door waiting. We got sat in our seats just as the show was beginning. We were very lucky indeed. Allison was a trooper while waiting. Very patient.
The stage was set up on one of the arena. Our seats were in the top row of the first level, on the opposite side. We were as far back as anyone could go, but the seats were not bad. We could still see very well. The pictures I took, however, are not great. Lighting, obviously, as well as zoom, make them pretty blurry, but you get the picture (so to speak). Above is Tigger, Darby, and Pooh, from "My Friends Tigger and Pooh".
Here is Handy Manny and the Tools. The Tools were very cool. They were in this great big tool box that Manny carried onto and off of stage, and you could actually see the tools move. That was neat!

Of course there was Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, and Donald Duck.

There was also the four kids from Little Einsteins. This picture was taken towards the end of the performance when all of the characters were on stage together.
After we left the show, we took Allison to Chuck E. Cheese. She still talks about the time that Grandma Joyce took her there several months ago. So, since were in Topeka, we told her we would go there for a bit. BIG MISTAKE! LOL There were TONS of people there, too. All I can say is that you could not tell that the economy was suffering and that people are hurting financially on Saturday in Topeka! I haven't been to CEC in like 20 years so I have nothing really to compare it to, but we had to wait like 20-25 minutes just to get into the door. Then when we got in there there were people EVERYWHERE. You really had to wait for a turn on most anything, and we didn't even stay and trade in the tickets, and didn't use all the tokens, because the line to the ticket exchange was at least 10 people deep! I have promised Allison that we will go back again, probably on a weekday when maybe there aren't so many people there.
When we got back home, I dropped allison off at home with her dad, and I joined some other moms at a movie. We went to see "Bride Wars". It was pretty funny, and it was nice to get out of the house with the girls. I think we all agreed that it was fun, but next time we are going to have dinner or something together too so we can gab! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment