Well, we just got home about an hour ago. Got things carried in, and Allison put to bed. Hopefully I can get her up in the morning to go to school. I don't want to keep her home as I think the sooner she can get back to the 'normal' routine the better. Bruce has a meeting in Lawrence tomorrow. We were planning on just staying over in Kansas City or Lawrence tonight, but Bruce was afraid to not check on the radio station for tomorrow, so home we came. I'm okay with either way, but I hate for him to have to drive all that way back again in the morning, not that it's really a big deal for him, I guess.
It's good to be home.
Our plane landed in KC around 5:45 ish. We hadn't really eaten anything (although Midwest Airlines does give you warm gooey chocolate chip cookies...trade for the $20 per checked bag perhaps?) since morning, so we stopped in St. Joe on the way home and ate at Barbosa's. It's a Mexican restaurant in the really old regal residental area of St. Joe. Personally, I'm not that crazy of the food in general....their sauce or mole' has a flavor that I'm not real fond of. HOWEVER, I absolutely, positively LOVE their chips!!!! I would drive for those chips! They use flour tortillas instead of corn, and they are positively YUMMY! So that was a real treat. I hadn't commented, but Bruce actually did and I agree....it was probably the best meal we had all week.
Allison was a really good girl on the trip. She did super. She had to do lots of 'big girl' waiting and being patient, but she also got to do a lot of fun things, so hopefully she learned those lessons. She was kinda squirrelly on the plane ride home...not bad, but you could tell she was reaching her point, so we ended the vacation at a good time.
16 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment