Unfortunately, I am unable to get my camera to work tonight to upload photos. The cable from the camera to the laptop and the USB port say there is a malfunction. I've had trouble with this in the past, but I've always gotten it to wiggle just right. I will try again another day to see if I can get it to work.
We started out the morning a little after 9:00 a.m. Unfortunately, Bruce had a couple of disappointments on the phone this morning that kind of left him a little grumpy starting out... but we did the best we could. We walked down to the Seattle Science Center in the City Central area of Seattle near the Children's Museum and the Space Needle. We weren't sure what to be ready for, but it was really neat. We saw a dinosaur exhibit, a butterfly room, different science activities, a young children's play area, saw an IMAX film on dolphins, which was very good, and an IMAGINATION animation exhibit on how to do animation. That was really cool...I really enjoyed that. We were there for close to three hours. From there we had a little snack, and then headed off to the Woodland Park Zoo. We got a little lost, of course; what would a trip driving in a major city be without getting a little lost? By this time, too, it was starting to sprinkle. However, this is the first time since we've been here that we got rained on, so that's not too bad. It was a really nice zoo, and I hope to be able to post some pictures soon.
When we left there, it was a little after 4:00. I don't know that traffic on highways in Seattle ever slow down , but this was pretty much during an official rush hour anyway. Five to six lanes of traffic going one way, so 10 to 12 lanes of traffic FULL of vehicles. Wow! Once again, glad that Bruce was driving. He had seen that there was a Marysville to the north of Seattle a little ways, so we had to go up there. That's where we are staying tonight...Marysville, Washington. We are going to bounce around tomorrow, try to see if there are some 'back roads' back down to Seattle that we can mosey down tomorrow, so that we can be ready to hit the airport on Wednesday around lunch time. It's hard to believe that it's about time to get ready and come back home.
16 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment