Search This Blog

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday School Teachers' Training

Had a very good Saturday here in M-ville.  I had worked with the Kansas District of our church, the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, office out of Topeka, and the director of the youth and children services, Jim Bradshaw, to conduct a Sunday School Teachers' workshop here at our church today.  We've been planning it for several months.  Notification/invitation was sent out to the entire state several months ago, and then additional letters were sent out to area churches the beginning of August, with more personal contact made to the circuit churches a week ago.  We had four teachers outside of our church come, and three from our church, and our Pastor.  A small group, but I feel that it was a good meeting and I think the folks that were there enjoyed the time together and felt it was worthwhile.

The fellowship of something like this meeting was very valuable.  That is one of the reasons I would really like to have Sunday School Teachers' meetings for our church teachers every month or so, in order to not only go over the Bible stories for the upcoming weeks, but to address any questions or problems or concerns that may be present.  Maybe we can try to start something like this in the near future.

No comments: